This recipe was given to me when I was 15 years old, by my good friend Maria Charitonos and is a winner. It’s easy to make and never disappoints. Over the years I have given it to so many of our Bratz customers, when they are planning their children’s birthday parties. Decorate with some of our bright and cheerful candles.
(Note – Ingredients can be doubled for a larger cake)
- 1 CUP FLOUR
- 1 CUP SUGAR
- 2 TABLE SPOONS COCOA
- 3 EGGS
- ½ CUP OF WARM WATER
- 1 TEA SPOON OF VANILLA ESSENCE
- 2 TEA SPOONS OF BAKING POWDER
- ½ CUP OIL
- PINCH SALT
- SIEVE FLOUR, SALT, COCOA POWDER & BAKING POWDER INTO A BOWL & THEN ADD SUGAR.
- ADD WATER TO OIL & ADD TO FLOUR MIXTURE
- ADD EGG YOLKS & VANILLA
- BEAT EGG WHITES UNTIL STIFF & FOLD INTO THE MIXTURE
- GREASE AN 18CM DIAMETER CAKE PAN WITH MARGARINE OR BUTTER.
- POUR MIXTURE INTO CAKE PAN (OR TWO CAKE PANS FOR DOUBLE INGREDIENTS CAKE)
- BAKE FOR APPROX 20 MINS AT 180◦ C OR UNTIL CAKE TESTER COMES OUT CLEAN.
ICING OF YOUR CHOICE.
MELTED CHOCOLATE DRIZZLED OVER WARM CAKE IS DELICIOUS.
TIP – TAKE COCOA POWDER OUT AND REPLACE WITH 2 TABLESPOONS OF FLOUR TO MAKE A PLAIN VANILLA CAKE.
TIP – THE RECIPE CAN BE DOUBLED FOR A BIGGER CAKE